Ofertas de trabajomás »
Top 5 - ayer
- No hubo noticias publicadas ayer
Top 5 - semana pasada
Top 5 - mes pasado
- "Los productores se han convertido en esclavos modernos"
- Brasil: aumentan los volúmenes de exportación de papaya a partir de septiembre
- Cuando 1 kg de melocotones costaba más de una hora de trabajo
- China: Un fertilizante bacteriano aumenta la cantidad y la calidad de la cosecha
- Interés mundial por las piñas rojas brasileñas
Noticias adicionalesmás »
- Video: una pelea entre un chofer y un pasajero se transformó en viral - ARG Noticias
- Airbnb retira 1.036 pisos en Barcelona tras la amenaza de nuevas sanciones - Cinco Días
- Buque británico con fertilizantes, a la deriva en aguas españolas de Canarias - W Radio
- Autoridades españolas rescatan a 31 inmigrantes en el Mediterráneo - Radio La Primerísima (Comunicado de prensa) (blog)
- Rescatada una niña que cayó a un silo de 10 metros en Valencia - Cherencov
- Europa sufre una nueva enfermedad: la 'turismofobia' - ElTiempo.com
- Erdogan: tensión con Berlín es por política interna alemana - Deutsche Welle
- El PP cierra la puerta a transferir competencias en Seguridad Social al País Vasco - Cinco Días
Fuente: Google News
Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
Our client is a world class operator of modern greenhouses that produces a range of fresh products including tomatoes. The role offered provides an excellent opportunity for a driven and intelligent grower to progress his/her career and develop professionally. We are seeking a very well qualified individual, with a demonstrable track record of success (with 5 to 10 years of experience) in greenhouse tomato production, to join this prestigious operation in Australia.
The Senior Grower will report to the Head Grower and have overall responsibility for a specific greenhouse area. In the absence of the Head grower the senior grower takes accountability for the site.
Overall management of tomato production at the facility
Meeting and setting budgets, production forecasting, and ensuring the product is picked and packed to customer specifications.
Developing, managing, and mentoring the agronomy team to ensure the tomato production cycle is in line with forecasts and industry best practices are met/ implemented at all times.
Timely and pre-emptive management of factors which can detrimentally impact yield and quality.
Maintenance of accurate records, tracking tools, and dashboards.
Planning, implementing, and reporting growing and management strategies through to the operations team, General Manager, and others within the business.
Ensuring that the company maintains and builds on its market leading position including keeping abreast of industry trends, innovations, and growing strategies.
Qualifications & Experience
Ideally a Bachelor, or Master’s degree in a horti- / agricultural related discipline
Our client is looking for candidates in an early/secondary stage of their career with 5 to 10 years of experience as a (senior) tomato grower in a mid to large greenhouse production facility.
Good knowledge of tomato crop husbandry under glass (hydroponic production) including pests, diseases, viruses, crop protection, fertilization, etc.
Demonstrable track record concerning tomato yields (i.e. on a kg/ m2 basis)
Experience managing a labour force and other professionals (agronomy, operations, maintenance, etc.)
Tomato production experience in hot climatic conditions
Spoken and written professional English
Suitable IT knowledge including: climate control systems and Microsoft Windows applications (minimally Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
A result oriented individual that favours a data driven approach to achieving production, earnings, and other key performance targets.
Attention to detail, and drive for excellence, with a heightened sense of urgency to quickly solve issues and proactively manage the responsibilities within the purview of the role.
A high level of honesty and integrity
Hands-on, high energy, stress resistant and result oriented team player.
Competitive and comprehensive salary package including private health insurance and company retirement contributions.
Bonus scheme based on company and individual targets.
A company vehicle
The preferred starting date of the new candidate is as soon as possible
Lutgo Recruitment in the Netherlands is the representative of this client for the recruitment, assessment and selection of candidates for this position.
Please send your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or A.vanMeekeren@Lutgo.com mentioning vacancy ref. no. Ref. 170001.